Falcon C Gravity Concentrators are primarily used to maximize mineral recovery and reduce tonnage to downstream processes. The Falcon C is capable of collecting fine minerals that would be missed by dense medium separators, spirals and other low G processes.
The Finer Details
- Primary concentration of tin, tantalum, tungsten, chrome, cobalt, iron, fine oxidized coal and uranium
- Scavenging of fine particles lost by low G force processes and flotation
- Pre-concentration of heavy minerals
- Unit capacities up to 100 t/h
- Advanced wear materials and a modular design decrease downtime and maintenance costs
- High gravitational field (up to 300 G) allows recovery of very fine particles
- Able to produce mass yields as high as 40%
- Fine mineral recovery down to 10 microns
- Fully automated, “one touch” operation, minimizes offline time and offers the highest mineral concentrate security
- Continuous production of concentrate at >70% solids
- Ideal for scavenging and pre-concentrating mining applications
- No fluidizing water consumption or offline time for concentrate flushing
- Produces high density concentrate (0 – 40%) therefore no thickeners are required
- Greater than 95% mechanical availability and extremely low operating costs
- Small footprint
- More Than a Decade of Experience With Continuous Falcon Concentrators at the Tantalum Mining Corporation of Canada’s Lac Du Bonnet Operation
- Enhanced Gravity Recovery of Base Metal and Industrial Minerals
- Advances in Centrifugal Gravity Concentration – Beyond Low Mass Yield
- Mineral Processing Introduction
- Mineral Processing 101
- ARCHIVE: Development of the Falcon Concentrators
- ARCHIVE: Continuous Gravity Concentration in Gold Gravity Circuits
- ARCHIVE: Falcon Concentrators: A High Capacity Fine Coal Cleaning Technology
- ARCHIVE: Centrifugal Concentrators in Gold Recovery and Coal Processing
All Falcon Concentrators are fully automated. Despite having a multi-stage operating sequence, our Concentrators can start and stop with the press of a single button or signal from a plant control centre. In addition, all Falcon Concentrators are fully instrumented to allow for quick process feedback and accurate process control.
Frequently Asked Questions
You've asked, we've answered.
What is Falcon C Gravity Concentrator technology?
Falcon C (Continuous) Gravity Concentrator technology is a family of truly continuous enhanced gravity concentrating machines that has been proven in commercial applications to be able to withstand 300G concentrating fields while delivering superior metallurgical and mechanical performance at throughputs in excess of 100 t/h. Each machine consists of a single moving part. A feed stream enters the machine and is divided into high and low density fractions. Proportioning of exit streams is continuously variable by the operator.
Does this gravity concentrator consume process water?
No. Model C Falcon Gravity Concentrators require no fluidization water. The dense fraction is produced at pulp densities usually in excess of 70% solids and is well deslimed.
What operating costs can be expected?
The simple and robust design of the Falcon C Gravity Concentrator means that unit operating costs are the lowest in the industry, normally a few cents per tonne treated.
What do your model numbers mean?
The model prefix designates the machine type. The suffix is the approximate concentrating surface area of the machine in square inches. A C2000 is a continuous unit with approximately 2000 in² of concentrating surface area.
What top size should be fed to Falcon C Gravity Concentrator machines?
Top size is 1 mm. Falcon C Gravity Concentrators are specifically designed for recovery of very fine minerals, down to 20 microns and less. If your separation involves target minerals coarser than 1 mm, it would be best to look at other technologies for the coarse fraction.
Are there ‘gravity-only’ flowsheets available?
Yes, Sepro Mineral Systems has developed unique flowsheets to help clients achieve previously unobtainable recoveries without using any reagents such as cyanide.
Watch and Learn
We are your mineral processing equipment experts
Contact our experts to find a solution that is right for you.Find Your Rep
We Can Also Help With:
Ensuring factory-spec equipment installation is key to the success of your operation.
Safety and operational testing to optimize recoveries.
Our technicians are trained to support customers and minimize downtime.
With installations in more than 94 countries around the world, we are experts in using automation training to drive recovery volumes and safety.
We conduct classroom or hands-on training wherever you need it.
Our in-house metallurgical testing facility is available to provide insightful lab work no matter which stage your project is at.